1. A light microscope is also referred to as a?
a) Electron microscope
b) Compound microscope
c) Scanning problem microscope
2. The two knobs used for focusing the image include fine adjustment knob and?
a) Course adjustment knob
d) Objective lens
3. On the microscope stage, what is used to hold the glass slide in place and prevent it from moving?
a) Stage clip
c) Fine adjustment knob
4. Total magnification is the product of two values: power of eyepiece and power of?
a) Ocular lens
b) Objective lens
d) Light source
5. Which part of the microscope should you hold when lifting or moving the microscope?
a) Arm and base
b) Eyepiece and body tube
c) The base and stage
6 Transmitted light microscope has a light source below the stage while a reflected microscope has a light source that is located?
a) Below the stage
b) Above the sample
c) It has no light source
d) In the eyepiece
7. A stereo microscope is used to?
a) Observe the surface of an object
b) View cell contents
c) Observe live cells
d) Observe cell cycle
8. The objective lenses are the ones?
a) Closest to the eye
b) Closest to the specimen
c) At the base of the microscope
9. Which of the following is not a type of light microscope?
a) Phase contrast microscope
b) Bright field microscope
c) Electron microscope
d) Stereo microscope
10. The working distance decreases as the magnification of the objective lens increases
11. Which of the following are low power lenses?
12. Which part of the microscope contains the shutter that regulates the amount of light entering the lens system?
a) The condenser
b) The eyepiece
c) The stage
d) Fine adjustment knob
13. Where is the diopter located in a microscope?
a) In the objectives
b) In the ocular tube
c) In the condenser
d) In the body tube
14. A microscope is set to 10x eyepiece and 40x objective. What is the total magnification?
15. What purpose does the rack stop play in a microscope?
a) It keeps the eyepiece in place
b) It holds a glass slide in place
c) It prevents the stage from moving too close to the objective lenses
d) It locks the objectives
16. When focusing, it is best to start with the lowest power
17. Which part of the microscope are objective lenses attached?
a) Nose piece
18. Which of the following liquids can you use to make a wet mount?
19. When viewing a specimen, start focusing with the fine adjustment knob and then fine tune using the course adjustment knob
20. To obtain total magnification, you should ____ the magnification of the eyepiece to the objective lens power