Zeiss Axio Examiner Microscope
The A1; D1; Z1 Models
A fixed stage microscope, the Zeiss Axio Examiner is another ofrom the Zeiss family of microscopes featuring trademark flexibility and scalability.
With four upper bodies, two lower bodies, and several optional components, this microscope can be configured for all major imaging methods.
As with the Axio Scope, this model can also accommodate unusually sized specimens by inserting spacers between the upper and lower halves of the scope, removing the condenser and carrier, and lowering the stage.
More room is also created for the user to manipulate the specimen or otherwise use his hands in the specimen area by directing the optical axis through the front objective.
Zeiss Axio Examiner Models
The Axio Examiner.A1 is an entry-level scope that can be upgraded as the need arises while the Axio Examiner.D1 is more advanced with 75mm parfocal objectives. It can be adapted to use regular 45mm parfocal objectives.
The Axio Examiner.Z1 is the top of the Examiner line with motorized upper and lower bodies and the upgraded Zeiss objectives.
Different setting may easily be changed during the viewing of a specimen without disturbing the specimen.
The frequently used controls are located on the front of the scope including:
- Focus drive
- Condenser drive
- Stage drive
- Field diaphragm
- Transmitted and reflected light shutters
- Intensity adjustment
- Visible/infrared switch
Even DIC and Dodt gradient contrast can be controlled from the front of the microscope. Also motorized functions may be controlled with a touchscreen utilizing the Axio Vision software package.
Other important features available with this Zeiss microscope line include:
- The ability to use all the relevant contrast methods is available in one stand and can be selected without having to reconfigure the scope.
- Motorized auto-focusing of the objective and condenser allows for perfect illumination at every focus position.
- Electrical noise is eliminated and also any electrical potential can be neutralized by engaging an active grounding feature.
- This series of Zeiss microscopes is compatible with Axio Vision software for documentation and archiving of images.
Also, all of the motorized components are designed to emit very little vibration, and by using the remote control features available with this unit, changes can be made to the setup without ever having to touch the microscope.
Return from Zeiss Axio Examiner to Zeiss Microscopes
Return to Best Microscope Home